This is one of our favourite quick, easy, veg filled dinners. Perfect as a dinner on its own or as a delicious side.
6 x Large Zucchini
(3 of then thinly sliced or mandolinned and the other three of them grated on a thick grate)
120g Sundried Tomato
100g Danish Feta
30g Fresh Basil
370ml Shop Bought of Homemade Tomato Nepoletana Sauce
Salt & Black Pepper
- In a bowl mix the grated zucchini, chopped sundried tomato, crumbled feta and 15g roughly chopped basil. Season your zucchini roll filling mixture with salt and pepper. (You can also add a bit of garlic and chilli for a bit of extra flavour.)
- Line up your thin slices of zucchini, fill with a tablespoon of mixture and roll.
- Ladle half of the nepoletana onto the base of an oven proof casserole dish. Nestle the beautiful rolled zucchini parcels in rows in the sauce.
- Fill the casserole dish with zucchini rolls and top with the balance of the nepoletana, a sprinkle of parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining fresh rough chopped basil.
Serve with a bowl of fresh lemon